Current Students




We're Here to Help

In light of the current health issues and concerns resulting from the Coronavirus (COVID-19), all locations of Southern Crescent Technical College are closed until further notice.

However, we are still here to help make each step toward becoming a SCTech Tiger a smooth experience. For assistance with registering for and scheduling classes, please call Career and Academic Advising at (770) 229-3048, email us at, chat with us online, or reach out to one of the advisors below via email or by virtual appointment.

Chat Live About Your Current or Future Program!

If you are interested in learning more about how to get started in one of SCTC’s programs, or you are a current student needing to speak with an advisor, the SCTC online live chat team is standing by ready to help you! Our team will provide you with program or course guidance, encouragement, and answers to your questions!

Our students are important to us, so whether you’ve been studying with us for years or are new to the Southern Crescent Technical College, we are committed to your success. Click the blue pop-up 'Chat' button in the bottom right-hand corner to connect to the chat service and speak to an advisor!

Schedule a Virtual Advising Session

Academic Advisement offers scheduled appointments for prospective and current students virtually via WebEx. Schedule your individual appointment through our online tool using the link below.

Not sure where to start? Do you have more general questions about the process? Email us at and an advisor will reach out to you! Follow up may include setting an appointment to help you chart your path.

Meet the Advisors

Joanna Gibson2

Joanna Gibson

(770) 412-4591


Annita White

(770) 467-4488


Sherry "Lynn" Stephens

(770) 467-6011


Bridgette Worst

(770) 412-5706

LaRaysha Mobley

LaRaysha Mobley

(706) 646-6180

Tamara Hand

Tamara Hand

(770) 467-4489

Sharon Craft

Sharon Craft

(706) 646-6143

Colandra Taylor

Dr. Colandra Taylor

(770) 228-7276


Appointments can be scheduled by completing the form below. Appointments will be conducted with WebEx, a video conferencing tool. Please DO NOT report to a location for this apppointment -- all campus buildings are closed.

Appointment Guidelines

If you are a current student, please provide your student ID number. Appointments must be made at least four (4) hours in advance.

  • When you schedule an appointment, you will receive a confirmation from CISCO WebEx with login information within one (1) business day.
  • Appointment length is a maximum of 30 minutes.
  • Guests may not accompany a student into their advising appointment without a FERPA Release [Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act].

Log onto SCTC website (
• Click on Current Students.
• Click on Banner Web.
• Click on Enter Secure Area.
• Enter username – The first part of your SCTech email address before the @ sign.
• Enter Password – Your SC Tech email password.
• Click on Log in.
• Click on Student Services/ Financial Aid.
• Click on Registration Tab.
• Click on Add/Drop.
• Verify term is correct and click on Submit.
• Click on Class Search tab (middle of last row).
• Click on subject area you want.
• Click on course search and view sections.
• Click box on left for specific class you want.
• Click Register on bottom.
• Repeat process until all classes are selected.
• When done, click on Return to Menu and then click on Student Services/Financial Aid.
• Click on Registration tab.
• Click Student Detail Schedule tab and print.

V: Web Enhanced course: A campus class using the internet via Blackboard Learn as an addition to the class.
K1: Hybrid course: A course that includes 50% or greater instruction using the internet via Blackboard Learn.
K2: Hybrid course: A course that includes less than 50% instruction using the internet via Blackboard Learn.
O: Online course: A course that is taught using the internet via Blackboard Learn with the bulk of the course content occurring online.

May I have a copy of the college catalog?

The college does not print catalogs. You may find a course catalog and a student handbook on the website Click the “Current Students” tab on the top menu bar, and then click on “SCTC Course Catalog” or “SCTC Student Handbook” under the Student Resources section on the left hand side of the page.

Which classes should I take if I want to transfer to another college?

It is always up to the receiving institution to decide what will transfer. Students should contact the college to which they wish to transfer to make sure they are taking the correct courses. SCTC advisors cannot tell you with certainty that any particular class will transfer.

Do I have to attend orientation?

A ROAR (Required Orientation, Advisement and Registration) session is mandatory for all new students just prior to registration for classes. This session provides an opportunity for students to become familiar with policies and regulations, and to learn more about the programs and services of the school. Orientation is offered on-campus or can be done online. Dates for on-campus orientation are mailed to students with acceptance letters.

Please visit the ROAR (Orientation) page for details.

What is a CRN?

A Course Reference Number is a five digit number used to identify each course section offered each semester.

How can I see my transcript, grades, or entrance exam test scores without coming up to one of the campuses?

This information is accessible through your student Banner Web account. Click on the “Current Students” tab on the top menu bar, and then click on “Banner Web” (middle of right side). Click on “Enter Secure Area”. Click in the USER ID box and enter your student ID or your social security number. Click in the PIN box and enter your birthday in six digit format (052389). Click on “log in”. Click on “Student Services & Financial Aid”. Click on “Student Records”, and then “Academic Transcript”. Click “Submit” to see an unofficial transcript. View grades from the same “Student Records” tab. Click on “Final Grades” and then select the term and click “Submit”. To view your entrance exam test scores, return to the “Student Records” tab and click on “Degree Works” at the bottom of the list. Scroll toward the bottom of the Degree Works page to view test scores. If you changed your password, you will need to remember it. Otherwise you will need to present a picture ID at a Student Affairs office on any campus to have them reset your password. They will reset it to your birth date.

How will the college contact me if something of major importance happens with my program?

The college’s official means of communication is your SCTC student email address.

How do I calculate my GPA?

The overall cumulative grade point average (GPA) is calculated based on all credit courses taken at SCTC. GPA is calculated by (1) multiplying the credits for each course by the grade points associated with the grade earned, (2) totaling the points earned for all courses, and (3) dividing the total points by the total number of credits attempted. The assigned values for the grades are A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, and F. In calculating an overall cumulative GPA, credit hours from courses receiving the following grades are not included: AC, AU, EX, I, IP, TR, W, A*, B*, C*, D*, F*. Each student’s GPA is posted on Degree Works. Click on the “Current Students” tab at the top of the website. Click on “Banner Web”, then “Enter Secure Area”. Enter ID and PIN. Click on “Student Services & Financial Aid”. Degree Works is the last selection on the menu. Once in Degree Works, click on the GPA Calculation tab.

What is GVTC?

Georgia Virtual Technical Connection is the electronic clearinghouse for 20 Georgia technical colleges. You can find out if a course is being offered at one of these technical colleges at the following website:

What does a “hold” or “flag” on my Banner Web account mean? How do I get it removed?

It depends on the kind of hold it is. A hold might be placed on your account for a variety of reasons: you owe money to the college, you have a late library book, you need to return textbooks you borrowed from the textbook lending program, you haven’t passed an Exit exam in one or more learning support classes, you have an outstanding parking ticket, etc. To view holds, click on “Current Students” at the top of the SCTC website Click on “Banner Web” and then “Enter Secure Area”. Enter your ID/PIN. Click on “Student Services & Financial Aid”. Click on “Student Records” and then “View Holds”. Report to/contact the office that put the hold on your account.

How do I change my major/program of study?

Students who wish to change from one program to another or from the pursuit of one credential to another must meet the admissions requirements for the new program or credential. Students should be aware that credits earned in one program may not apply to a new program. Changing programs may lengthen the time required to complete a program. Change in Enrollment Forms should be received in the Student Affairs Office at least two weeks prior to any registration period. Students who are receiving benefits under a financial aid program should discuss the possible impact of a program change on their benefits. To change program status, students should take the following steps: 1. Inform current advisor; 2. Obtain signatures from the program advisor or director and financial aid officer; 3. Upon approval by all signed parties, the Student Affairs Office will determine the student’s admissions eligibility for the second program; 4. Requirements will be noted, and the student will be notified of any additional admissions requirements for the new program; 5. Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request form for the new program of study; 6. Report to the new program advisor.

What determines whether I am a full-time student? Do I need to be?

Enrollment in 12 credit hours makes you a full-time student at SCTC. Whether you need to be a full-time student depends on a variety of things:

  • Students on an international student VISA must carry 12 credits per semester;
  • Many students need to be full-time to stay on a parent’s health insurance plan;
  • Students getting HOPE may be full-time or part-time; the amount of book voucher money a student receives is based on full- v. part-time enrollment;
  • Veteran’s Affairs benefits and Pell Grant reimbursements to students are based on the number of credit hours a student is enrolled in. It does not require full-time enrollment, but if a student is enrolled part-time their reimbursement will be reduced.
  • WIA participants must be full-time during fall and spring semesters.

Can I take the ACCUPLACER placement test again if I am unhappy with my score?

Yes, for a non-refundable re-test fee of $15.00, students may retake all or part of the ACCUPLACER. Applicants cannot retest if they have begun a Learning Support course. Once a Learning Support course is completed satisfactorily and a final grade of a “C” or better has been posted, students can retest in that particular subject one time. If the required score is not met, the student must continue with the sequence of courses. Test score must be within 5 points of the required Program Score for the specific content areas. (First attempt only.) Test scores are valid for 5 years. A retest cannot be given within 14 days of the original test date unless approved by staff. Applicants planning to retest must report to the Admission’s Office for the retest form and then to the Business Office to pay the retest fee. This form must be brought with the student to the testing center and presented to the assessment specialist at the time of testing.

I am a former student, but have not attended in over a year. What do I need to do so that I can register?

Students who are inactive at SCTC for two full semesters or more will be required to: 1. Submit a completed application form to the Student Affairs Office. 2. Meet program admission requirements in effect at the time of readmission, including assessment (testing) requirements. If test scores are more than five years old or are not sufficient based on program requirements, the student may be required to retest or provide acceptable transfer coursework prior to readmission. 3. Submit official transcripts from all colleges, universities, or institutions attended since their last enrollment. 4. Must attend orientation.

Can I take exemption exams?

A currently enrolled or accepted program student may receive course credit by passing an examination if one is offered. The examination may be written and/or performance based and validates competencies in skills the student would obtain through actual enrollment in the course. Exemption exams are given each semester. The list of exemption exams available and the schedule of test administration are available in the Academic Affairs Office.

Can I get financial aid advice from my academic advisor?

No, you really need to see the financial aid office or their web page for that information.

Will my advisor register me for classes?

No, you must register yourself through your Banner Web account. Training sessions are available in the Advisement Center on campus or view the Banner Web video on the Advisement page of the website:

Southern Crescent Technical College recognizes that sound academic advisement is essential to student success. Each student will have access to an academic advisor and a program advisor who will advise him/her concerning courses needed to complete a program of study. Academic advisors are located in the Career and Academic Planning (CAP) Centers on the Griffin and Flint River campuses.

Program advisors are faculty members who teach the technical courses in each department. Each semester, students should be diligent about checking courses they register for against their required programs of study to assure they remain on target for graduation. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with a program advisor before finalizing their schedule for the semester.

Our college philosophy is to guide students through the advisement process so that they quickly achieve four objectives:

  • Identify courses necessary to achieve their academic goals.
  • Become competent at registering themselves using Banner Web.
  • Gain an active awareness of their own development toward their career path.
  • Understand how their academic goals relate to their personal, social and career goals.

Still have questions?
Email us.

Need to apply for Admissions?
Click here.


Griffin Campus
Dundee Technology Center - Room 107
501 Varsity Road
Griffin, GA 30223
p: 770-229-3048

Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm

Flint River Campus
Building A - Room 250A
1533 Hwy 19 South
Thomaston, GA 30286
p: 706-646-6180

Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm

Henry County Center
Building B
300 Lakemont Drive
McDonough, GA 30253
(770) 914-4430

Monday - Thursday: 8:00am - 5:30pm
Friday: 8:00am - 12:00pm